4/28/09

Part 1: SICKNESS = FEAR

Most of us get sick occasionally with colds, the flu and various other minor ailments, but to really get sick, well then fear of the unknown kicks in. All of a sudden, prayer starts in ernest and reading the Bible becomes an ongoing search for scriptures that bring comfort and the hope of healing. A constant search of our past starts, "Did I confess this or repent of that?" " Have I any unforgiveness in my heart?" As a believer in Jesus Christ, I know that sickness is not of God but a result of man's fall in the Garden of Eden. Nevertheless, when it happens to you or me in this case, I had to start a journey of faith and trust in God like never before.
As a self employed gardener, I have never earned a high salary but have always managed to get by, but now at the busiest and most profitable time of the season, I find myself unable to work due to treatments starting in Toronto. How will I manage? How will I pay my rent or my bills with no income other than a small monthly government pension? To my amazement, family and friends rallied around. Cheques and cash arrived to help with my regular bills and offers to help with my cost of expenses for accommodation and drug costs while in Toronto came for my sister and her husband in the UK. Two close buddies offered to run my grass cutting business and deposit the revenue directly into my bank account to help keep the bills paid. My brother and his wife sent me a laptop so that I will be able to keep in touch by email and MSN while out of town. Other friends offered to come by during the week and look after my very fat cat and a very close friend who is a nurse has taken time off work to drive me to Toronto for various appointments and help me understand some of the medical terminology. This support has been overwhelming and I would like to express my sincere thanks to all. John



No comments:

Post a Comment