5/31/09

Part 9 - SOME EFFECTS OF RADIATION

I have now completed 20 radiation treatments. During this process, I have noticed that my shoulders neck and behind my ears are always red and itchy. It’s just like having sunburn and the treatment is basically the same. About twice a day I put a saline soaked cloth on the effected area and allow the cloth to draw out the heat. After that is done I cover the area with a moisturizing cream which is nice and cooling and leaves the area nice and moist. I use a product called LUBRIDERM but there are many others on the market also. Another cream I have is ALOE VERA GEL which feels great when applied but for some reason, it tends to dry out my skin. A positive side is that I not longer have to shave as the radiation has burned the hair follicles. The negative side is that the hair on the back of my head has started falling out. If it keeps going I will look like a US marine soon.
This weekend I talked way too much and ended up with a very sore mouth. As my mouth is a little swollen, it causes my tongue to rub on my teeth and get painfully sore. I shared at our monthly Christian Fellowship Breakfast Meeting on Saturday morning and also on the weekends I get many telephone calls from family and friends which I love and look forward to. Unfortunately I will have to limit my phone time to BRIEF for a while but I know you’ll understand. (You can do the talking OK)
Perhaps the Lord is saying, John be still (and quite) and know that I am God.
Thanks for all your prayers, cards and calls.

1 comment:

  1. God,thank you that John's drugs will now have some coverage. You meet all our needs. I continue to beseech you for John's physical comfort. Please make the pain in his mouth bearable.You make all things new. I declare this promise over John's throat! Amen <3 Sharon Packard

    ReplyDelete