5/31/09

Part 8 – 2ND CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT


(Almost finished my 2nd treatment)

This treatment in my case, takes about 18 hours from start to finish and the side effects so far have not been too bad. This time I felt a little sick towards the end of the night but as soon as the nurse applied another small bag of anti-nausea medicine I started to feel OK. At around 9 am the Radiation Department telephoned and said they were waiting for me and so I grabbed the elevator and headed down from the 18th floor to the basement. I had already put my prescriptions into the pharmacy the day before so after my radiation, I headed there to find out the cost. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my application for the Ontario Government Trillium Health Care Plan had been approved, and that most of my drugs were now covered as I had already met my deductible portion of the plan.

As both treatments make you quite tired, I decided to call a taxi as the next bus wasn’t for over an hour and I really needed to lay down and relax. My bed felt so good when I hit it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment