5/24/09

Part 7b: CHILDREN WITH CANCER

One of the hardest and most upsetting times for me is to see the number of kids coming in for treatment. I couldn't help but think back to the days of taking my daughter Candice out in her stroller for a jaunt down to the park. Some of these children are in strollers but their trip is not to the park but into the radiation chamber for treatments. I have talked to some of the parents who are sitting waiting while their child is alone in the chamber and although they appear brave on the outside, it must be pure torture for them knowing that there is nothing they can do at that moment in time. One couple told me that their 7 year old son had already undergone two surgeries for a rare brain tumor, was now completing his sixth week out of seven of radiation and then had to undergo five weeks of chemotherapy. I often find myself talking to God about these kids when I'm having my treatments. The good thing about children is that are fairly resilient and it is cute to see them, many with no hair, skipping down the hallways and teasing their siblings. My prayer is that a cure for this disease will be found shortly.

1 comment:

  1. God, thank you that when John looks into the face of a child receiving treatment he is looking at you. We live in such a sheltered environment away from all this stuff John is seeing. But it doesn't escape your eye for a minute! You are there with every child. Please continue to allow John to be your ambassador there. Open his spiritual eyes to see where you are working. Thank you for the new insight you are giving him and everyone else during this season. Please pour out in abundance your cancer treatment mercies this week on John and everyone else that needs it there! Amen ♥ Sharon Packard

    ReplyDelete