5/16/09

Part 4 - FIRST WEEKEND HOME (May 8-11)

Coming home was great and the first night both my children came over with their respective partners. The next morning I was up early and had the laundry done by 8.3 but I soon found that I was not quite as well as I thought. A visit to Goodies CafĂ© to chat with my friends Brian and Gayle who are cat sitting for me, ended quickly after I realized that I had this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I stayed for a juice and went straight home. I had planned some shopping but at that point, I didn’t think it wise to push my luck, so I decided to lay down for a while. To be honest, this first weekend home was like that on and off the whole time. The was my first reaction to the chemotherapy given to me 3 days before and although it was not pleasant, it was livable and I managed to get through the weekend without being sick. The worst time was at night when my mouth would seem to dry out which is one of the side effect of the radiation. As a result I was up and down to rinse my mouth with a baking soda rinse most of the night. Drinking lots of water also helps but then I was not only rinsing my mouth every hours but also using the toilet. Needless to say by Monday morning I was looking forward to being back at PMH lodge for a rest. Next weekend is the May long weekend so I have three days at home and now that the effects of the chemo has worn off I am hoping that it will be easier to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment