5/18/09

Part 6: 2ND WEEKEND HOME - May 15 - 19th


I arrived home for the 'Victoria Day' long leekend at around noon on Friday. To my surprise, a friend had been by and totally cleaned my cottage and left a lovely bunch of cut flowers on the dining room table. Thank you very much. I unpacked my bag and headed out to Walmart to buy some groceries and a few other things. I decided to pick up a blender which was the best move I made all weekend. As I was unable to swallow most food, the blender made it possible to make some great smoothies. I have been using the product Boost as a food supplement and found that one vanilla boost, some fruit and ice cream makes a nutritious meal. I also bought some baby formula which makes a great almost liquid porridge for breakfast. The smell of steak on the BBQ drives me wild but it will be a while until I can enjoy more than the smell. I thought it might be fun to invite some friends over for dinner and blend up steak and potatoes and serve it in a large beer mug. It was just a thought. Well I'm back to the lodge tomorrow so I'll update this site next weekend. May God bless each person who reads this weblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment