6/14/09

ONE MORE DOWN – ONLY ONE TO GO


Having my 'bagged lunch' at home on Sunday

I now know why they say that the last few weeks are the worst. Last week at the lodge I rarely went out of the room except for my treatment, to use the computer or to see the nurses. I was so glad that I bought a little DVD player which really helped pass the time with my ‘bagged’ meals. My throat was really too sore to talk so I had to keep talking to a minimum. Naturally I still had a fair number of phone calls but even those I kept very short. This weekend has been even worse and after a brief trip on Saturday morning to Walmart to get the cat some litter and food and a case of water for me, I haven’t left the house since. The problem is that I keep falling asleep which then creates a very dry mouth and throat. When I wake I start coughing and believe me that is very painful. I am so glad that I had the feeding tube put in as I don’t know what I’d be doing for food right now. I even take my medications through the tube which saves on the throat. All I can say at this point is ‘Praise the Lord’ I only have one week left.

No comments:

Post a Comment