7/16/09

RECOVERY COMING ALONG NICELY

Each day gets better although the mucus problem still exists along with the dry mouth. I understand from Princess Margaret Hospital that these problems should clear up in about two or three weeks time. I have started eating some soft food like yogurt and eggs but it is hard with almost no saliva and requires sipping water to make it possible to swallow the food. I have cut back on my morphine and only take it when my mouth or throat gets sore. My taste buds seem to be returning so I am hoping to gradually increase my food intake. Once I can go for a week of eating and not using my feeding tube, the hospital will arrange an appointment to remove the tube. I still get tired fairly quickly although the frequency of that is really improving. Overall I am feeling very encouraged with my recovery and once the radiation has worked it's way out of my body, I know that will help considerably. I would like to thank everybody who has helped me out in so many ways during this past few months. It has truly been quite amazing and overwhelming at the generosity of family and friends who have helped both financially and with the gift of time. Thanks for running my business, cleaning my house, feeding the cat and just popping by to make sure I was OK.

1 comment:

  1. Hey John

    YOu are truly a man of courage and I pray that God will continue to strengthen you at this time.

    Blessings

    Hugh

    ReplyDelete