8/1/09

HOME FOR 5 WEEKS NOW

It doesn't seem possible that 5 weeks has past since my last round of treatments at Princess Margaret Hospital. I am recovering extremely well and not longer take any pain medication. My throat is healing nicely and I have no pain any more. My last visit to the hospital was last week to see the dentist whose assistant did a saliva test. She was quite surprised that I already have 70% saliva back. I was telling her that my recovery was due to much prayer. It turned out that she was a christian and so we had a wonderful talk about the goodness of the Lord.

I still get tired quickly but have been told that this will continue for a long while. I am starting on some solid foods but right now my problem is still the mucus film in my throat which often cover my tongue and mouth. It is extremely hard to get rid off and makes eating rather a trial although I am pressing on and still trying different foods. Yesterday I made a wonderful ground beef stew which smelt so good, however after one taste I had to freeze he whole thing for another time. I think the tomatoes made it too acidic and that made my mouth burn for quite a while. As soon a I can eat solid foods for one week, the hospital will make an appointment for me to have my feeding tube removed.

I now have my voice back and cant wait to sing for the Lord again. It's been over 3 months since I last sang and the piece I recorded at the request my sister Ann was, 'It is Well with my Soul'. This has always been one of my favourite hymns because the words teach us that whatever we go through in life, God is always there. I am so glad that I can personally say, "It is well with my soul."

1 comment:

  1. John, thanks for putting this link on your facebook page. Wow, I have missed a lot, but am thankful for your recovery and God's continued grace. Too many friends of mine, in all areas of life, are battling with cancer. My prayers go with you and am thankful for your soul being kept in the palm of God's hand through it all

    ReplyDelete