8/23/09

AUGUST UPDATE

This past few weeks I have started going out with the friends who have kept my business operating these past 4 months. Although I wasn't yet able to take back the whole grass cutting route, I have managed to cut and trim some lawns. My biggest problem is dry mouth which drives me crazy. I always carry water with me but even that doesn't work well when it gets warm so I have started freezing the bottles which seems to work quite well. I also bought mouth sprays that do work well although since I have been using one particular brand, my taste buds and become fuzzy. I am starting to eat solid food but again with my saliva glands still not working 100%, I have to drink to swallow food unless it has lots of liquid with it like gravy. I have an appointment in September at the hearing clinic as I have had some hearing loss in my left ear. This is one of the side effects of radiation I am told. We will see. This has been a long summer and I am hoping and praying that all will come into line with the way God designed us. I will be at Princess Margaret Hospital this week to meet with Dr. Hope and get the results of my latest CT scan. I will update this blog with what I believe will be good news.
I am now in contact with the Canadian Cancer Society to see if I can help to set up a Head and Neck Support Group. I believe that this kind of a group will definitely help others who are going through cancer in the head and neck areas. Again I will post details as they develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment