9/24/09

GOOD NEWS FROM THE SURGEON

I was very early arriving at Princess Margaret Hospital Head and Neck Clinic. My 8.45 am dental appointment with Dr. Wood only took 1o minutes so my wait at the clinic ended up being about two hours until my appointment at 10.45 am with Dr. Gullan. I didn't mind though as there was a computer available and lots of reading material plus I use these down times to write my journals. Time passed quickly and soon I went into an examination room to see the doctor. He was very pleased with the way the incision was healing and carefully took the stitches out. He informed me that while they didn't have the pathology results back yet, they did have a very good look around in my neck and throat during the surgery and couldn't see any evidence of any cancer left. I was elated with the news and after I expressed my sincere thanks to the doctor and his team I left the hospital on top of the world. After a quick lunch at PMH lodge I was on my way home with my Cancer Society driver phoning and texting my family and friends with the good news. I will write later about how my neck and throat heals and how the nerves gradually start to reattach and regenerate. I cannot help but Praise my Lord and Savior for His mercy and grace. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment