9/23/09

OFF TO TORONTO AGAIN SEP 21/22

Part 1: Trip to Toronto - The Cancer Society driver arrived at my door at 7.20 am with one other passenger in the van. We stopped to pick up three other people and then headed for downtown Toronto about 2 hours away. First stop was Sunnybrook Hospital and then on to Princess Margaret Hospital Lodge on Jarvis Street. One set of traffic lights before the lodge we noticed while waiting for the lights to change that there was blue smoke pouring from the right front side of the vehicle. We managed to drive in to the lodge parking lot and inspected the problem which appeared to be a seized brake. The driver called the CAA and made arrangements to have his van towed all the way back to Wasaga Beach for repairs. I felt sorry sorry for our driver as he is a volunteer and only gets paid mileage for these trips , therefore the expense of the repairs will have to come out of his pocket.
I had prayed the night before for a safe trip to Toronto and I couldn't help but wonder where on the highway we might have been stuck had the Lord not answered my prayer. I didn't think to pray for safety for the vehicle which I will do next time.
After checking into the lodge and paying for my nights accommodation, I stopped in to say hi to the wonderful nurses who work there. (Picture of 2 of them below.)


Click on photo for larger image











Part 2: - G-Tube Removal -After having the drainage tube pulled from my neck after my recent neck surgery, I was somewhat apprehensive about this procedure. I checked into the Toronto General Hospital Imaging department and after the usual questions and answers I sat in the waiting room until my name was called. After only waiting about 5 minutes I was instructed to go to waiting area 'B' where I was immediately taken into an operating room. (Picture below)
Less than 10 minutes later I was buttoning up my shirt and ready to leave This was another thing I had prayed about the previous night and again the Lord came through as I didn't feel a thing. PTL
It was a great feeling having the tube gone, although now I am forced to eat only regular food which is still difficult until my throat heals after surgery. I really cant afford to lose any more weight as clothing has become a problem - Weight 200lbs down to 150lbs and waist size 42 down to 36.
I feel wonderful but I wouldn't recommend this form of dieting to anybody though.










Tomorrow I'm off to Princess Margaret Hospital to see the surgeon for a review after my surgery. I am believing the Lord for GOOD NEWS.

No comments:

Post a Comment