9/19/09

MORE TRIPS TO TORONTO

I moved to the Georgian Bay area to get away from Toronto never dreaming that I would one day spend so much time travelling back and forth to in the city again. This coming week I am scheduled on Monday to go to Toronto General Hospital to have my G tube (feeding tube) removed. Then on Tuesday I am to meet my surgeon Dr. Gullan at Princess Margaret Hospital for a follow up to my surgery. Unfortunately I couldn't get the appointments changed to the same day so I decided to stay over Monday night at PMH lodge. This worked out well as lately I have been having tooth ache so I was able to get an appointment with my dentist Dr. Wood at Princess Margaret Hospital also on Tuesday. This makes it a little easier on the Cancer Society drivers who fit their driving schedule around my appointments. These drivers are amazing and always so friendly and helpful, and yes they are volunteers who only get paid gas mileage. My trip usually takes about just over two hours each way and the driver waits around if I am coming back on the same day. This makes for a long day for these volunteers but I have never heard one complain, except about the Toronto's traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment