9/3/09

RADIATION AND HEARING DON'T MIX

Since my radiation treatments I noticed a loss of hearing mostly in my left ear. This seems to be more noticeable when listening to women's voices, although that could be a man thing. An appointment was arranged with the Hearing Clinic at the Toronto General Hospital to determine the actual extent of the damage. After the completion of rather interesting audio sound tests it showed that I have in fact lost some hearing in both ears. The next step will be to met with an audiologist to discuss the results and see what can be done. In some case hearing does return to almost normal after a period of time, therefore it was decided to forward the test results to Dr.Hope at Princess Margaret Hospital. He will no doubt talk with me after my throat surgery has taken place next week. JDL

No comments:

Post a Comment